Fish Hoek beach is noted for its safe bathing, while the uninterrupted 1.5km stretch of sand is perfect for beachcombing walks. The overhanging mountain bluffs surrounding Fish Hoek keep the waters protected and calm, which is why Fish Hoek hosts many sporting events such as lifeguard competitions, yachting regattas and sea kayaking – all of which can be observed from the comfort of Nautilus Lodge’s balconies!
Sports and Adventure
- Cage diving with Great White Sharks (+/- 10 km away).
- Golfing: Clovelley, Steenberg & Westlake Golf Club (10 min drive).
- Bowls and Tennis.
- Horseriding on the beach (+/- 5 km away).
- Mountain biking (15 min drive).
- Sea kayaking (+/- 5 km away).
- Hiking (+/- 5, 15 & 30 min drive).
- Surfing (+/- 5 km away).
- Jack Ass Penguin Colony – Boulders Beach (+/- 15 min drive)
- Ostrich Farm – Cape Point (+/- 25 min drive)
- Southern Right Whales (Seen from your balcony, in season)
- Cape Point (+/- 40 min drive).
- Chapmans Peak Drive & Hout Bay (+/- 40 min drive).
- Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens (+/- 25 min drive).
- Newlands Forest (+/- 25 min drive).
- Table Mountain (+/- 45 min drive).
Wine & Dine
- Cape Point Wine Lands (half day trips).
- Klein & Groot Constantia Wine Estates (+/- 20 min drive).
- Buitenverwachting Wine Estate (+/- 20 min drive).
- Stellenbosch Wine Route (Half to Full day trips).